There’s a set of three videos you ought to have this year.
They are not bird-watching videos… they are Drayton Bird videos, in which he teaches you How to Write (and Persuade) Better.
In case you don’t know who Drayton Bird is, let me paint a brief picture of the man:
He’s been writing copy for 50+ years.
He worked with David Ogilvy.
Ogilvy said of Drayton: “Drayton Bird knows more about direct marketing than anyone in the world.”
But did Drayton’s “glory days” end back in the ’60s and ’70s? Hardly. He has also helped to create some of today’s biggest marketing success stories.
Have you heard of P90X? Thanks to Drayton, most Americans have.
Carl Daikeler is the man who founded Beach Body, which sells fitness programs like P90X, Insanity, 10-Minute Trainer, and others. Here’s what Carl said about Drayton:
BeachBody.com had a moderately successful DRTV fitness business doing $6 million per year in sales. Then the company started to employ the suggestions and strategies of Drayton Bird, and in its next year the company topped $40 million in sales.
In case you are keeping count, the business almost septupled in a single year. (That’s a sevenfold increase.)
Drayton has also written two classic books about copywriting and direct marketing:
- How to Write Sales Letters that Sell
- Commonsense Direct & Digital Marketing
You couldn’t go wrong starting with one or both of Drayton’s books. But I recommend you at least consider getting Drayton’s 3-part video series called How to Write (and Persuade) Better.
- You get to watch Drayton share some of his best copywriting insights.
- You get to see him dissect a letter he wrote that filled a seminar at $11,000 a seat.
- You get to hear Drayton share the authors he believes copywriters should be reading. (At least one author will shock you. Others you have never heard of.)
- You’ll learn what marketing is really all about.
- You’ll learn what makes the difference between businesses that do well and those that don’t.
- Ultimately, you’ll learn how to write and persuade better — a valuable skill in good times and bad.
And this is all just the first video.
Each video is nearly an hour long. Three videos, almost three hours of instruction.
Plus there are a couple bonus guides to sweeten the pot: A briefing document, which includes all the questions Drayton asks a client before writing any copy, and a 21-point guide for evaluating (and improving) what you’ve written.
It’s quite a bargain at $59.97. You can get the videos here:
-Ryan M. Healy