Yesterday, I finally “retired” my five-and-a-half-year-old Dell laptop and bought an Apple iMac to replace it.
So far, I love it. Feels light years beyond my old PC set-up.
But right now I’m focused on two important things:
- Transferring important files over to the new iMac.
- And… Learning how to most efficiently use my iMac.
With that in mind, I’d like to solicit your help.
Please leave a comment sharing your #1 tip, tool, or shortcut for your Mac computer.
- It could be a little-known function for doing something cool.
- It could be a Mac software program that you just can’t live without.
- Or it could be any other tip or resource you feel I (and other Mac converts) should know about.
I’m particularly interested in any advice you have in how best to use a Mac in a home-based business.
- What’s the best HTML editor for a Mac?
- What’s the best text editor? (I used Textpad on my PC.)
- What’s the best screen capture video software?
- What’s the best FTP program?
- What’s the best way to do screen captures?
- Do you see how many questions I have? :-)
Not only will I read every comment, I’ll also take all the best tips and publish them next week in a brand new blog post, with attribution.
So get to it! Share your best Mac advice by leaving a comment below.
UPDATE: I’ve finally tabulated all the results and published them here… Best Mac Tips, Software & Shortcuts for Internet Marketers.
-Ryan M. Healy
P.S. Feel free to leave a link in your comment if needed. But please know in advance that all comments with links are held for moderation. So it may take me a few minutes — or a few hours — to publish your comment depending on when you leave it. Thanks!