The Saturday after Thanksgiving we rounded up my side of the family for some family pictures.
We met out by the historic red barn in our small town of Parker, Colorado, and my brother-in-law took the pictures with his digital SLR.
It’d been a few years since we’d done a big family photo. But we made time for it because one of my brothers and his wife and kids moved to St. Louis this week. We knew if we didn’t make time this year that it could be another 2-3 years before we’d have another opportunity.
Anyway, the timing was coincidentally good since this is the time of year I put together our annual Christmas card and send it to friends, family, and clients.
One of my clients told me he keeps my card on his fridge all year. And in the fall he looks forward to getting the new one.
Another client thanked me for sending the card… and then actually mentioned it a few times throughout the year.
Sending out a Christmas card doesn’t get you new clients, but it does help strengthen the relationships you have with your existing clients.
The service I use is Send Out Cards. I’ve been using it since around 2008, and I love it.
I have a specific “Clients” group in my SendOutCards account, so I can quickly and easily send a greeting card to all my clients anytime of year. It only takes me about 5 minutes.
Here are a few reasons I like Send Out Cards so much:
- It keeps track of important mailing information in a central location. (All contact info can be easily exported in a .csv file for use with direct mail.)
- It keeps track of birthdays and anniversaries and sends you reminders so you never forget an important date.
- You can build groups for specific mailings. Create a “Clients” group, a “Family” group, or groups for specific events — for instance, “Home Party – January 2013.”
- You can send postcards, greeting cards, three-panel cards, and even super-sized 8″x11″ cards.
- You can select one of thousands of stock cards or you can upload your own photos and create custom cards.
- You can send gifts, including brownies, cookies, chocolates, gift cards, books, and more.
- And one of the coolest features of all… You can send multi-card campaigns. It’s like an autoresponder email sequence that’s sent through the mail. This is ideal for welcoming and staying in touch with new clients, new patients, new students, and new customers.
The best part? The cost to send a regular greeting card is less than $1.50 — and that includes postage. (You can actually get the cost down to less than $1 depending on how you purchase your points.)
If you need to send a card, just log-in to your Send Out Cards account, create your card, and hit “send.” Takes less than 5 minutes — maybe 10 if you can’t think of what to say.
It’s WAY faster (and cheaper) than going to the grocery store to pick out a Hallmark card.
I send out 250-300 cards a year now, and there’s no way I’d be able to do that without Send Out Cards.
So – If you’re in the client business (or you just want a convenient and cost-effective way to send out Christmas cards, thank-you cards, invitations, and more), I strongly recommend you get a Send Out Cards account.
Plans start at just $9.80 a month.
Just go here to watch the video and sign up:
-Ryan M. Healy
P.S. If you sign up now, there’s still plenty of time to add your contact list and get your Christmas cards out before December 25. :-)
Since 2008 I've been using Send Out Cards to stay in touch with my clients. For less than $1, I can send a custom greeting card to anybody. I can even mail all my clients at one time. If you're in a service business and want an easy way to stay in touch with clients, you're going to love Send Out Cards. Click here to see how easy and affordable it is to use Send Out Cards »