17 Easy Ways to Simplify Your Life Before Stress Kills You
Complicating your life is easy. In fact, it happens naturally in the 21st Century. You don’t even have to try! Worse, many of the things you hoped would make your life easier (*cough* technology *cough*) end up making your life more complicated.
Simplifying is a great way to relieve stress and free up resources. So why not try to simplify in 2015? Here are 17 simple ideas to get you started.
- Say “no” more often – even when it’s uncomfortable.
- Get out of debt. Stay out of debt.
- Reduce monthly expenses as much as possible.
- Stay home instead of going out.
- Be honest.
- Outsource things you don’t like doing (like mowing the yard or cleaning bathrooms).
- Purge your possessions at least once a year. If you haven’t used something in the last 12 months, you will probably never use it again.
- Eat raw food (fruits, vegetables, nuts) so you spend less time preparing meals.
- Quit bad habits.
- Meeting somebody? Leave your cell phone in your car or turn it off so you can’t be interrupted.
- Sleep more by going to bed earlier. You’ll think more clearly and handle challenges better.
- Write things down. (Less mental clutter.)
- Create systems for staying organized. (Example: Create a system for handling incoming mail and payment of bills.)
- Stay out of the stock market.
- Do not use any tax-advantaged retirement or health plan.
- Stop giving gifts on holidays and birthdays. Only give gifts when you really want to.
- Have kids? Reduce the number of sports and activities they participate in.
What’s missing from this list? Share your ideas in the comments below.
-Ryan M. Healy